European Van Hire

If you need to hire a van in the UK to go to Europe or Ireland, then choose a location to get started:

These two companies have branches all over the UK and allow you to take rental vans abroad. This service will normally include European breakdown cover and a completed and authorised VE103 (Vehicle On Hire Certificate), which you need to provide proof that you have the owner's permission to take the van outside its country of registration. The VE103B is also accepted instead of the vehicle registration document if you need to show your documents while abroad.

Remember: Additional fees apply when taking a hire van abroad - contact your rental company before your pickup date to arrange for European use.

Click here to visit Europcar's website or Click here to visit Thrifty's website

Admiral is based in Walsall, just north of Birmingham, and offers a comprehensive range of vans and 7.5t lorries for European use. Vans available include short and long wheelbase panel vans, luton vans and jumbo dropwell luton vans - pretty much the biggest possible 3.5t vans and ideal for removals.

All vehicles are covered by European Breakdown Cover and come with the necessary documentation for foreign use of a hired vehicle. (More info)

Click here to visit Admiral Van Hire

Bayfield Vehicle Hire in Shrewsbury and Telford offers vans for European use. Bayfield Vehicle Hire's European hire vans are all less than 6 months old and have full European Breakdown Cover. All European rentals include a sat nav with Europe maps.

A nationwide collection and delivery service is available and free pickup/dropoff service from Shrewsbury and Telford railway stations is also possible. (More info)

Click here to visit Bayfield Vehicle Hire


Here's your opportunity...

We're seeing high demand for van hire to Europe.
Include your company here with location and vehicle details for ONLY £125 a year.

If you're worried about whether your driving licence covers you to drive a van in Europe, don't be. As a general rule, your UK driving licence will give you the same entitlements when you are abroad as it does in the UK.

If taking a hired van outside the UK, you must make sure you have a VE103 (Vehicle On Hire Certificate). This is normally provided by the rental company and shows that you have the vehicle owner's permission to take it outside the UK. You may be fined while abroad if you are not able to provide a valid VE103 (Vehicle On Hire Certificate) on demand.

Hire vans can usually be driven into most EU countries. Restrictions vary between hire companies but all of these companies will require you to return their rental vans to the UK - one-way hires are out. (Spain is the exception - see One-Way Van Hire UK - Spain - UK)

Hire vans can usually be taken to the following countries: Ireland, France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Poland, Austria, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Greece. All EU countries are normally included, but we advise you to confirm with your rental company. This is not a definitive list and restrictions may apply to certain countries. cannot be held responsible for any damages or losses resulting from improper usage of a rented vehicle.

Compare Ferry Prices

Ferry Booking Step-by-Step Guide

Click Here

One-Way Van Hire To Spain

Moving to Spain?

Click Here

Tips For Driving In Europe

Things To Consider

Click Here