Renault has confirmed pricing for the all-new Trafic van, and is now accepting UK orders for the van, with first deliveries expected in September.
Only a limited range of models will be available this year, with the remainder following in 2015. Here are the key points:
- Panel van prices starting from £18,245, Crew Van starts from £20,395 and Platform Cab from £20,195;
- Short and long-wheelbase panel van models available at launch, with low roof only. High roof and platform cab variants follow in 2015;
- Three trim levels will be available, depending on the exact model — Business, Business+ and Sport;
- Choice of four diesel engines, including new twin-turbo ENERGY dCi 120 and 140 (with Stop & Start). Others are dCi 90 and dCi 115. Renault claims typical fuel economy gains of over 5 mpg compared to previous single turbo versions;
- New optional and standard equipment highlights include: Grip Xtend, hands-free card, Hill Start Assist, smartphone and tablet docks, reversing camera, removable A4 clipboard, Wide View Mirror, MediaNav and Renault R-Link app-based infotainment systems.
The entry level Business model is expected to be the best seller and will be well specified as standard, with a height adjustable driver’s seat with armrest, left side loading door (unglazed), reach and rake adjustable steering wheel, electric front windows, electric heated door mirrors, full steel bulkhead, spare wheel, remote central locking (two button key) and deadlocking, plus 16 anchorage points (18 on long wheelbase). New additions to the Trafic’s standard spec are Electronic Stability Control with Hill Start Assist and Grip Xtend (advanced traction control system to cope with loose surfaces), plus DAB radio with USB connectivity.
The Business+ model adds additional mobile office facilities, such as a fold-down passenger seat with laptop storage, A4 clipboard and smartphone doc, as well as air conditioning and rear parking sensors.
Finally, the Sport model includes alloy wheels, plus metallic paint, colour-matched mirrors and bumpers and an uprated navigation and media system, complete with a 7″ touchscreen.