It’s that time again. Students are flocking back to university with all of their ‘stuff’. If this is you — or your son/daughter — then it’s time to start thinking about renting a van.
To help you get on the road and enjoy a stress-free journey #backtouni, we’ve put together some links to help you get started with van hire:
- To get started, check out our student van hire guide. This includes details of minimum age restrictions at popular hire companies and other useful tips.
- One-way van hire: this can be a great solution for students old enough to drive themselves back to uni. We highlight some of the main companies offering this service and explain what you need to know.
- Got questions about driving licence requirements or age limits? This guide should help.
- Insurance worries? The excess on rental vans is generally £1,000 or more. So purchasing excess protection insurance can help. Most hire companies sell this by the day, but it’s sometimes cheaper to buy it yourself beforehand — see here for ideas and discount codes.
- First time? Check out our van size guide and our guide to hiring a van for the first time.
- Finally… if you haven’t driven a van before, don’t leave home without taking a look at our guide to driving a hire van for the first time.
Once you’re ready to book, our unique van hire price comparison engine enables you to compare prices from many of the UK’s largest and most popular van hire companies.
Please don’t leave it too late — as term starts near popular sizes of van are often booked and some companies may raise their prices…
We hope our tips will get you on the road safely, cheaply and quickly. But if you’ve got any van hire questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on Twitter @vanrentaluk, via our Facebook page or by good old-fashioned email.