The Citroen Berlingo bagged the top prize at the recent Business Van Of The Year awards, thanks to its ubiquitous popularity, durability, generous specification and deceptive load-lugging ability.
The model specified by the Business Van judges was the Berlingo HDi 75 manual L1 625 Enterprise — broadly speaking an entry level standard wheelbase model that’s probably the most popular choice among Berlingo buyers.
Here’s a run-down of all the winners from this year’s awards:
- Van of the Year: Citroen Berlingo HDi 75 manual L1 625 Enterprise
- Best Small Trades Van: Citroen Berlingo HDi 75 manual L1 625 Enterprise
- Best Large Trades Van: Vauxhall Vivaro 1.6CDTi 16v bi-turbo 120bhp L1H1 Sportive
- Best Heavy Panel Van: Citroen Relay 35 L3 H2 130bhp Enterprise
- Best Crew Van: Volksagen Transporter Kombi T30 Highline 180
- Best City Van: Fiat Fiorino Cargo 1.3 MultiJet 75 Tecnico Start Stop
- Best Local Delivery Van: Volkswagen Caddy 1.6TDI Highline 102PS C20
- Best Green Van: Nissan e-NV200 Electric
- Best Double Cab: Volkswagen Amarok 2.0 Trendline 180PS 4Motion
- Best Utility Pick-Up: Volkswagen Amarok 2.0 Trendline 180PS 4Motion
- Best Servicing Package: Volkswagen
- Best Financing Package: Volkswagen
In terms of numbers, Volkswagen pipped Citroen to the post, with the German marque taking six awards compared to the French firm’s three. However, perhaps the most remarkable exclusion was Ford — this must be the first time for a couple of years that Ford has managed to avoid winning anything at an industry awards ceremony!