Hot on the heels of this year’s exciting Tour de France (we were backing Europcar‘s Thomas Voeckler – 10 days in the yellow jersey) comes this year’s Tour of Britain, which takes place from the 11th to the 18th of September.
Its eight stages and British terrain may seem pretty middling after the brutal challenges of the Pyrenees and the Alps, but the Tour of Britain still manages to encompass three of the UK’s four countries (missing out Northern Ireland) and covers some great scenery, including the Scottish Borders (the first stage is from Peebles – Dumfries) and parts of Devon, Cumbria, North Yorkshire, and central Wales.
Although the race is now close, it is not too late to book either minibus hire or van rental for all or part of the Tour – whether you are competing, supporting the riders, volunteering, or just spectating with like-minded friends.
Here are the start and finish locations of each stage to help you work out your requirements (remember, we can offer van and minibus hire in almost all of these locations):
- Stage 1: Peebles – Dumfries (11/09)
- Stage 2: Kendal – Blackpool (12/09)
- Stage 3: Stoke-on-Trent (13/09)
- Stage 4: Welshpool – Caerphilly (14/09)
- Stage 5: Exeter – Exmouth (15/09)
- Stage 6: Taunton – Wells (16/09)
- Stage 7: Bury St Edmunds – Sandringham (17/09)
- Stage 8: London (18/09 – this is a two-part stage consisting of a time trial and a circuit race)